Please read the following information carefully. These policies are in place after much thought on our part. If you have any questions about any of these policies, you may speak to our practice administrator.
- Each child requires his or her own appointment. If you need more than one child seen, please let the clinical staff know when scheduling your appointment.
- In order to get the day and time of your preference, we recommend that you schedule your child’s physical exam appointment a year in advance.
- If your child participates in any sports or camp programs, make sure you know the requirements for the last date of physical exam and book your appointments accordingly.
- Patients must be 18 years old to come to an appointment by themselves. Anyone under the age of 18 will need written consent to be treated without the presence of a guardian/parent. Please note: Any immunizations routinely given at this exam will be postponed until the patient is accompanied by his/her parent/guardian or appropriate authorization is obtained via phone.
- When checking in for an appointment, please notify us of any changes in your information – address, insurance, phone number etc.
- Payment is due on the day of your visit. There is a $5.00 billing charge for any co-payment not paid on day of service.
- We accept major credit cards, personal checks and cash. There is a charge for any returned checks.
- If you have an outstanding balance, you may be asked to visit the billing office prior to seeing the doctor. We recommend contacting the billing department before your appointment if there is an outstanding balance on your account.
- If you do not have health insurance, please ask us about our discount policy.
- There is a $50.00 fee for either failing to keep your child’s appointment or for canceling without proper 24 hour notice.If we are not in the office, you can leave a message with the answering service – 978-267-1966
Requests for Records/Forms
- Any request for copies of your child’s medical records must be in writing. The first request is free of charge. There will be a charge for any additional requests.
- You will receive an updated copy of your child’s immunizations and other health information as part of their annual check up. This generally contains all the necessary information for schools, sports, and camps.
- All controlled prescriptions will be refilled by the primary care physician only. Please familiarize yourself with his/her schedule and make sure to call for a refill on a day when they are in the office.
- Most prescriptions are sent electronically. It’s important that we have your most current pharmacy information on file.
- Although the prescription request is sent to the pharmacy immediately, it’s not always received right away. Pharmacies have different protocols in place for retrieving requests. Make sure you call in advance to see if your prescription is ready for pick up.
- The physician may refer your child to a specialist during the course of their exam, however, this does not generate a referral for your insurance company.
- You are responsible to know your insurance coverage and benefits. Once you have determined that the specialist is contracted with your insurance company, call their office to make an appointment.
- Once you have the date of the first visit, please call our office at 978-988-6204 and leave the following information: your child’s name and date of birth, date of appointment, full name and office number of the specialist and the reason for the referral. We require a 5 day notice to process all referrals.
- Your referral will be processed under the insurance information we have on file. Please verify that we have the most current information.
For our patients who are 18 years old
Patients who are 18 years old are entitled to privacy concerning their health information. This means that we are mandated by law to speak to them directly regarding their medical care and information.
Patients who are 18 and wish someone other than themselves to receive their medical information will need to consent to this in writing.
Once a patient has reached the age of 19, we will no longer be able to treat them. We discuss this policy with all our 18 year old patients and give them a year to make the transition.
For information on internists affiliated with Winchester Hospital, you can call their referral number at: 866-946-4677.
Winchester Hospital strictly prohibits the carrying of guns and/or weapons within this building. There is a lock box located in the Urgent Care department on the first floor. All guns/weapons need to be deposited there upon entry into the building.
The relationship that develops between families and their pediatrician’s office is a unique one. In order for this relationship to be positive and rewarding, it must be built on mutual respect and trust. We expect our staff to treat all our patients and their families with consideration and respect. And we ask that you respond in kind.
If you have an issue with a staff member, please speak to our practice administrator.